Developments in Travel Medicine – 27 June 2013 – registration now open!
In association with the National Travel Health Network and Centre (www.nathnac.org), RSTMH is organising a Developments in Travel Medicine meeting on Thursday 27 June at the Brunei Gallery, School of Oriental and African Studies, Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London, WC1H 0XG.
The meeting will focus on recent developments in travel medicine including:
• Arboviruses and haemorrhagic fevers
• The global distribution and burden of dengue
• Global outbreaks of vaccine preventable disease: risk assessment and managing the risk
• Rabies and post-exposure management
• Venomous bites and stings
• Malaria prevention in travellers and the new ACMP guidelines
• Medical tourism and medical evacuation
• Travel clinic communication and motivating behavioural change
• Addressing the health needs of migrant patients
• Surveillance of travel-associated illness
Programme content will aim to appeal to a mixed audience of doctors, nurses, scientists and academics. The final programme is now available to download here and features a mixture of plenary sessions which should appeal to all groups, and parallel sessions covering practical and academic aspects separately.
• Dr Tim Brooks, Public Health England, Imported Fever Service
• Professor Peter Chiodini, Hospital for Tropical Diseases
• Professor Steve Green, University of Sheffield
• Professor Simon Hay, University of Oxford
• Dr Jane Jones, Public Health England
• Dr Hilary Kirkbride, Public Health England
• Dr Lucy Lamb, Imperial College London
• Dr Finn Morgan, Healix
• Dr Lorraine Noble, University College London
• Ms Hilary Simons, National Travel Health Network and Centre
As always, this meeting will provide an important and valued opportunity for colleagues to network, update knowledge and share scientific expertise and will attract over 200 clinicians and researchers in all areas of travel medicine.
Tickets are priced at £95 and include lunch and refreshments. We offer concessionary rates for the following groups:
RSTMH Fellows and students £20
To purchase your delegate pass please login to your RSTMH account.
If you do not have a username and password for the website please register here, bookings can also be made by downloading a delegate registration form or by calling the RSTMH office on 0207 405 2628.
Your registration will be confirmed on receipt of payment