Online Event - International Women's Day: RSTMH Panel Discussion
On Thursday 7 March 2024, 12 - 1.30pm GMT, RSTMH will be hosting a webinar online in honour of International Women's Day (8 March). This webinar will focus on the theme of the day: Inspiring Inclusion.
International Women's Day is celebrated each year to raise awareness about discrimination and celebrate women's achievements.
This webinar will feature a panel discussion from leading female experts in global health and tropical medicine from the RSTMH Board of Trustees. Professor Margaret Gyapong, the current Director of the Institute of Health Research and Coordinator of the Centre for Health Policy and Implementation Research at the University of Health and Allied Sciences in Ghana, as well as the current RSTMH President Elect, will be chairing this panel, leading the discussion about the panellists' career journeys and experiences working in the field of global health. Panellists will include:
- Professor Olaoluwa Pheabian Akinwale, Director of NTD Research, and Deputy Director-General, Nigerian Institute of Medical Research, and Trustee, RSTMH
- Professor Gail Davey, Professor of Global Health Epidemiology, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, and Trustee, RSTMH
- Dr Wendy Harrison, Chief Executive Officer, Unlimit Health, and President Elect, RSTMH
- Dr Sarah Rafferty, Senior Research Officer: Pandemic Preparedness, Office for National Statistics, and Vice President and Early Careers Trustee, RSTMH
- Professor Bridget Wills, Professor of Tropical Medicine and Honorary Consultant in Paediatrics, Centre for Tropical Medicine and Global Health, University of Oxford, and Trustee, RSTMH