Emerging Leaders Award
This award has now closed
2023 Emerging Leaders Award recipient: Dr Bipin Adhikari
The winner of this year’s Emerging Leader Award is Dr Bipin Adhikari, who was nominated by Dr Lorenz von Seidlein. The award recognises significant contributions in leadership, mentoring and capacity building in those who are early in their careers.
Dr Bipin Adhikari is a researcher, from Nepal who joined Mahidol-Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit (MORU), Bangkok in 2015.
I am very humbled to receive the Emerging Leaders Award by RSTMH for the year 2023. This recognition holds great significance for me, as it motivates me to continue the work in the field of Tropical Medicine and Global Health and it serves as an inspiration to actively share my knowledge and skills to the newcomers in the fest.”
Dr Bipin Adhikari
Eligibility and nominations
- Nominations are annual and will open on the 11th of March 2024.
- Nominees should be early career investigators from and based in low- and middle-income countries. For the purpose of this award, we define “early career” as a maximum of 10 years’ active employment post-training, discounting career breaks
- Nominees will have made a significant contribution to leadership, including mentorship and capacity building of others
- Nominations should come from RSTMH members and Fellows ONLY
- Nominees should be RSTMH members ONLY
- Self-nomination, with a supporting statement from another RSTMH member or Fellow is permitted
- Nominations must demonstrate a significant contribution in leadership and service, including mentorship and capacity building
History and prize
The award was established in 2016 to recognise significant contributions in leadership and service, including mentoring and other forms of capacity building, to the fields of tropical medicine and global health.
The award comprises:
- A £5,000 personal cash prize
- A certificate
- Access to mentorship through the RSTMH Board of Trustees and wider network
- A platform to give a keynote speech at an RSTMH scientific meeting.