RSTMH Strategy 2023 - 2028 Launch Events
We are running a series of events to launch our next five-year strategy, for the years 2023-2028.
Join us at these launch events to learn about our plans for the next five years as well as hear from a number of different speakers to celebrate this next phase of RSTMH. You will also have the chance to ask us questions about our plans and activities.
Read about our strategy for the years 2023 - 2028 here.
RSTMH strategy 2023 – 2028 Liverpool launch event
Join us at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM) to launch our new strategy.
When: Thursday 18 May 2023 from 17:00PM to 7:45 PM BST
Where: Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Pembroke Place, Liverpool, Merseyside, L3 5QA, United Kingdom
Speakers at the event include:
- Professor David Lalloo, Director of the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and Professor of Tropical Medicine
- Professor Janet Hemingway, Founding Director of iiCON and Professor of Tropical Medicine at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and Professor of Tropical Medicine and RSTMH Trustee
- Karen Brady, Director of Fundraising at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and Professor of Tropical Medicine and RSTMH Trustee
- Tamar Ghosh, Chief Executive of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
RSTMH strategy 2023 – 2028 Brighton launch event
We will be hosting a launch event with the Brighton and Sussex Medical School on Tuesday 16 May 2023.
Please watch this space for more details
Online launch event
On 27 April we held out online launch event. Held on zoom, it included a panel discussion featuring the below speakers. They spoke about the opportunities and threats in global health.
- Dr Adam Roberts, Reader and AMR lead at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Dr John Amuasi, Executive Director at African Research Network for NTDs
- Professor Sally Theobald, Chair in Social Science and International Health at Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Tamar Ghosh, Chief Executive at RSTMH
- Dr Wendy E Harrison, Chief Executive Officer at Unlimit Health (formerly SCI Foundation)
When: Thursday 27 April 2023 from 12:00 to 13:30 BST
This event was recorded and can be watched at the link below.
RSTMH strategy 2023 – 2028 London launch event
Join us at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) to launch our new strategy.
When: Thursday 27 April 2023 from 17:30 to 19:00 BST.
Where: LSHTM, Keppel Street, London, WC1E 7HT in the Manson Lecture Theatre, followed by a reception in the South Courtyard.
Speakers at the event will include:
- Professor David Mabey, RSTMH Trustee and Past President
- Sarah Rafferty, RSTMH Vice President and Early Careers Trustee
- Dr Patrick Nguipdop-Djomo, Associate Professor of Epidemiology at LSHTM
- Tamar Ghosh, RSTMH Chief Executive
Register your place by emailing info [at] rstmh [dot] org